The Start of Real Recovery Begins



.

Start of Recovery

As this title suggests real recovery is finally beginning for me!

I got my appointment through the other day, I’ve finally been referred to the recovery team (secondary care). I’m super excited to start therapy and new beginnings.

I’ve come off antidepressants and I’m slowly feeling better. The withdrawal symptoms are slowly fading out, I was extremely agitated to begin with and lots of brain zaps now it’s not so much. This is the first time in 6 years I’ve not been on antidepressants so it’s a super scary journey for me.

I’ve also got a new job which I’m super excited to start, I’m going to be doing my dream job which is working as a care assistant working in a mental health hospital. The start of something amazing. I cannot wait!

I am honestly in such a better place these last couple of days, I just feel so much relief from getting a job! I haven’t really blogged much as I only really blog when I feel able to write good content. I don’t like to force my blog posts, which is why I never say how many tines I post a week or a month. It’s always going to depend on how I’m feeling.

I’m just so happy I finally feel like real recovery is beginning, I also accept that a long the way that relapses will happen as that is just life, it’s not perfect.

Thank you to everyone who continues to read my blog posts.

Hannah x

Comments

  1. Really glad to hear things are getting better <3 Also good luck at the new job, sounds like really exciting things are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am looking forward to my new job so much <3

      Delete
  2. Very well written blog, sounds like you are heading in the right direction, having this job will be so good for you! My niece works for in a care home for the elderly and she loves it! Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I honestly can’t wait to start, I’ve done care for 2 years but just wanted a change from elderly care to mental health!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you for giving care to others. I gave dedicated my entire life like this, without regret. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I’ve always done care so can’t wait to continue!

      Delete
  5. Well done on the job, super proud! ~~
    As for the recovery, self care is always important so if you do happen to have any relapses just know, it's okay and that you are doing fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That is also very true its all part of recovery :)

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy to hear that things are getting better for you :) Coming off antidepressants isn't easy; it's also really scary and new! But it sounds like you're getting over the worst of it.

    Goodluck with your new job - I'm looking forward to reading more posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am almost over the withdrawal now which is great. I am super excited to just start work now :)

      Delete
  7. Mcintires on the go4 September 2018 at 13:40

    Good luck on your new job and I am glad things are looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hannah I am very happy for you, even thought I do not know you. It sounds that you are really taking care of yourself and making you a priority in your life. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on getting to this stage in your recovery! You've done amazingly well, and you will continue to do amazing things I'm sure. Keep an eye on yourself, stay safe, I'll be rooting for you.

    Cordelia || cordeliamoor.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Bexa, that really means a lot! I really do hope I can stay positive and in this happpier place!<3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww Hannah, that's amazing news about your job! It sounds like you're in a really great place! Stay positive my lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I’m honestly so excited to start working but scared in case it makes me worse! I will stay positive though :) xx

      Delete
  12. What an exceptional blog! We all must join forces to end the stigma. Find answers. Love each other and help those to get to a better place. Much respect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so incredibly brave for sharing your struggles, especially regarding mental health since it can be difficult to talk about. I hope you are proud of yourself. We all are :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds so positive all around! I just found your blog today and I plan on following. I'm also working hard on recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your new job, Hannah! You sound very compassionate, I'm sure you'll be great at it! Don't worry about blogging on a schedule, just do it when it feels right for you. I've been blogging for almost a year, and I've given myself permission to take it slow. I give you permission, too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. barridos electronicos madrid

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment