A Letter to My Future Children



Letter to my Future Children


This post is going to be a letter I wrote to my future children. Also a letter I wish I had as a teenager.

I started this letter in 2016;

Not everybody who says they love you means it, meaning not everyone is going to be around forever. Make the most of the time you get with everyone you encounter. Friends who argue are friends who genuinely care about you, just remember not to let them walk all over you and use you.

Don’t ever feel like you are not good enough because you will always be good enough for me. Life is never easy but it will be worth it, even when it no longer seems it, I promise it will.

School is hard especially if you’ve got my genes (sorry) I know some days you won’t want to go to school but I promise I’ll be here to keep you organised and to pass those horrible exams. School years aren’t exactly easy if you’re dealing with fall outs, arguments, heartbreaks and bullies or whatever else it may be but don’t let it affect your attendance of lessons, don’t repeat my mistakes of skipping lessons and having to learn from the mistakes even years later. Also not everyone will stay friends once you leave school, it doesn’t matter how many friends you have as long as they’re true friends. Also it doesn’t matter if you don’t know what career you want, sometimes people don’t really ever know until they’re there doing it.

2017 was my next entry;

I just got my C in GCSE English, 3 years after leaving secondary school. That is proof of never to give up on your dreams.

I’m trying so hard to feel positive and everything is finally starting to make sense but who knows. I guess try and be prepared although this this isn’t always the case you can’t be prepared for everything and sometimes it’s okay to cry and take a step back because not everything will work out the way we picture it in our head. It’s okay to be wrong it’s okay to be scared and it’s okay to ask for help. Don’t keep your thoughts bottled up, lesson I learnt the hard way but I understand it’s not always easy.

2018;

Life can change so quickly, sometimes nothing makes sense and sometimes the entire world can seem like a complete joke. I guess that’s just how life is sometimes is but it changes it always does. Nothing is permanent despite it feeling that way sometimes. Just do you and that’s all I’ll ever ask.


Thank you for reading my post.

Hannah x

Comments

  1. This is beautiful. I can relate because If I were to write a letter to my children I would stress the fact that I would love them no matter what and that they could never disappoint me. That’s unconditional love right there. I love this and plz keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much that means a lot and I shall continue to blog!

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing something so personal and genuine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this thoughtful and beautiful letter. What a gift to have for your future children and really for anyone reading this letter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! As a mom I can relate to every message you’ve included in this letter!

    www.ourchaoticmess.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so touching. It makes me want to write down encouraging words and stories about myself to my own kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! If only more teens around the world can have helpful, positive guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic post and emotive but powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, there!

    I really liked your post, its very inspiring!

    Lots of love,
    Eef. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. It's so important to just keep going even when things don't turn out quite as planned <3

    https://www.chloexlizabeth.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... 화상영어

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks Grass fed ghee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment