Relapse Prevention




Relapse Prevention



I had my last therapy session the other day, we spoke about creating a tool kit which I can use when I feel I might relapse. I know I have a blog post about Self Care which will definitely relate to this post a bit but I wanted to make this post as fresh post with more information I have learnt. Also because whilst going through this technique all I could think was I can't wait to write a blog post about this.

I tend not to write down my triggers mainly because I have so many and I am still learning to work on accepting that sometimes they don't need to trigger me but I guess that's just one the joys of BPD.

Anyway about this tool kit, I literally stated all the things that are available to me when I feel I might relapse and its made me realise how small some of the things are that help me to keep feeling stable and I just wanted to share the technique with all of you lovely lot.

  • Lighting my favourite candle
  • Having a bath
  • Going on Twitter
  • Talking to friends 
  • Cuddling my dog
  • Walking my dog
  • Going to the gym 
  • Having a nap
These are the more easier things I find help when I am struggling. However, I know I also have other strategies when struggling more;

  • See my GP
  • Ring 116 123 (Samaritans)
  • Ring the crisis team
  • Ring 111
  • Go to A&E
Sometimes it can all be too much but each and everyone of us are here, we are all precious and deserve to be alive. Sometimes people just need time to themselves it's nothing personal self care is important and not selfish. 


Hannah x


Comments