Medication Review


Today I had my medication review, this is the first one since being diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I’ve literally been dreading it as I didn’t have a clue what would be said or what medication I might be trying next if anything.


I will be starting Mirtazapine in a couple of weeks and I’m not going to lie I am dreading it. I never thought I’d be taking this medication. It scares me so much as I really don’t need to gain weight, I’m currently overweight as it is so the idea of being on a tablet specifically for weight gain terrifies me. I am partially excited to see if it helps me sleep but then I’m also worried it’s going to make me too drowsy.
I am hoping to speak to my GP about being prescribed a tablet to help with weightloss along side so it will hopefully cancel out any weight gain. I already go to the gym and eat less but with the start of Mirtazapine I know it will make weightloss even harder for me.


I’m hoping I won’t have to take it long as I’ll be starting to therapy. Although I was hoping I’d of started on a mood stabiliser instead of another antidepressant but I didn’t feel able to give my opinion on what medication might be better for me. Got my fingers crossed that mitrazapine doesn’t make me gain a ridiculous amount of weight. 

Hannah x

Comments