Why I Haven’t Been Blogging



Reasons behind why I haven't blogged...


I haven't blogged for over 3 weeks now, I haven't felt like it really and there are 2 main reasons why I haven't. 


The first reason to me not blogging is because I am focusing a lot more on looking after myself mentally and it is taking me a lot of my time to do so. I also have felt lost with my mental health as I thought I had a diagnosis of BPD (borderline personality disorder) which I have found out I don't. I feel a fraud because I don't have a single diagnosis of mental health, I just have traits of multiple mental health conditions. I feel like making up my own diagnosis, for example listing all my traits and calling it something unique. I feel unable to blog about my mental health as much because of not having a single diagnosis. I also have been doing a lot of prep ready to attend therapy, I have a book especially for DBT (dialectal behaviour therapy) which has been helping me a lot now. I am still struggling but as bad as I was when I first originally started my blog.

The second reason I haven't been blogging is because I feel like there has been no support on my blog and not much support from social media. I feel like a forgotten blogging and with that I feel like a failed blogger. I know I should just blog for fun and because I like it but when I used to get so much appreciation and support on my blog to literally half the amount it really is upsetting to see. I am trying my best to blog but the last few posts seem to just be getting less and less support so I feel like I am invisible. 

I definitely don't want to stop blogging and I do enjoy blogging! I am so glad I picked it up when I decided to look for something new to aid my recovery as it really has helped me to find some amazing support out there which I didn't know even existed. I would love to start positing more blog posts which aid my self care and a few travel and beauty posts. I've always blogging mental health but I am starting to think about this as an idea as I do use a lot of bath and beauty products. 

Thanks for reading, it means a lot 

Hannah x

Comments

  1. I want to encourage you. When you have bad days or months, it's not that you're failing as a blogger or your input is worthless. Don't forget that what you have to say is important. I have been under a lot of stress both physically and emotionally and have had to put a lot aside to deal with the stress and drama. It's okay to take time off...I wrote some this week, but it's been longer than a couple weeks between posts now and that's okay. My emotional stability is more important and so is yours. Keep your head up and do the work to heal yourself as best as possible!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment