Mental Health Update


I haven’t blogged in months. In fact 6 months I haven’t wrote a blog post for. So here’s a mental health update for everyone.

I’m not going to lie I have been struggling a lot with anxiety and low moods. I’ve been in hospital a few times too because of being so low. I’ve had a rough time with working and I’ve not been able to cope with working.

I had my dream job, that’s what I thought anyway! Unfortunately my  BPD and anxiety tricked me into thinking I would cope with working again and it was time to start a job again after a year off work. That wasn’t the case at all, I got to work and struggled through my first 12 hour shift and then couldn’t cope any longer, I felt so anxious and also this boredom inside of me as my dream job just didn’t work out the way I thought it was going to at all.

I’ve decided recovery is going to take a little longer than I expected, therefore I need more time off work before returning to a job. I’m currently doing the introduction to mentalization based treatment which is a therapy for borderline personality disorder. I finish this course next week I am having a review on whether I do the full programme.

I also have a medication review in the next few weeks where I’ll be discussing if I need a medication for my anxiety as my anxiety has become out of control , I am so tense all the time and can not relax at all. I’m also having my contraceptive implant out as I believe this has made my moods a lot worse than what they was originally, so I’m hoping with this I’ll have some release of emotion.

I’m also going to be attending private therapy, this is going to be hypnotherapy, which I have no expectations for as I really don’t know what to expect from this therapy, although I am hoping it will help me with my anxiety and to lead a more ‘normal’ life.

This is all for my update.


Hannah xo

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've provided quite good information here. This is fantastic since it expands our knowledge and is also beneficial to us. Thank you for sharing this piece of writing. phobia hypnotherapy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment